Ukrainian Society of Soil Scientists and Agrochemists (USSSA) is registered by the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on August 31, 1992, Certificate number 254 - a nationwide association of citizens, which was created according to the Law of Ukraine "On Public Associations".
The objective of the Society - to promote soil science and agrochemistry as important branches of modern natural science, to attract the attention of specialists and community to the theoretical and practical issues that expose the global importance of soil cover as a part of the biosphere in general, to promote the popularization of soil science and related sciences among the general population, to create favorable conditions for full creative and intellectual potential of the Society and to stimulate personal and collective initiatives for scientific and technological progress in the field of soil science.
The highest governing body is the congress of soil scientists and chemists, which is convened by the Central Council of the Society once per four years.
In the period between congresses, the highest governing body of the Society is the Central Council of the Society.
For conducting the current work the Central Council of the Society elects the Presidium consisting of the Secretary General, Deputy Secretary General, the President, Secretary Assistant on Scientific Activity, the Presidium members.
The President is appointed by the Central Council from department that will conduct the next congress of the Society.
The Association Secretary General represents the Society in dealings with state authorities, public, international public (non-governmental) organizations and citizens.
The basis of the Society are local branches, which are created at the place of work, study, living their members. The highest governing body of the local branch are the general meetings.
The main objectives of the Society
- To promote soil science and agrochemistry as important branches of modern natural science;
- To attract the attention of specialists and community to the theoretical problem that expose the global importance of soil for the normal functioning of the biosphere and its individual parts;
- To promote a comprehensive study of soil and land resources of Ukraine for the most efficient use, forecast of changes, protection and increase of soil productivity;
- To promote the popularization of soil science and related sciences among the general population
- To promote to members of the Society in case of realization of their scientific works, inventions and rationalization proposals, increase of the professional skills;
- To promote scientific and technical assistance in the organization of studing in higher and secondary schools, special educational institutions corresponding the profile of the Company;
- To promote the coordination of research activities in the field of soil science and adjacent sciences;
- To make connections with similar national, international non-governmental organizations;
- Assisting in the protection of various rights of the Society members;
- Congress accepts the program of the Society, which is a complex of measures aimed at solving tasks corresponding to the statutory objectives of the Society.
4 Chaikovska str.,
Phone: +038 (057) 704-16-69
Fax: +038 (057) 704-16-69
Sviatоslav Baliuk – USSSA Secretary - General, Director of NSC «Institute for Soil Science and Agrochemistry Research named after O.N. Sokolovsky», Doctor of Agrarian Sciences, Professor, Academician of NAASU
Hanna Momot - USSSA Secretary Assistant on Scientific Activity, Head of Department of Organization and Coordination of Scientific Works (NSC «Institute for Soil Science and Agrochemistry Research named after O.N. Sokolovsky»), PhD (Agrarian Sciences)