Main areas of scientific activity
- Problems of anthropogenic evolution, monitoring, agroecology and protection of hydromorphic (overmoistened), acidic and drained soils; development of the fundamental foundations of preserving their optimal productive capacity in the conditions of growing external and internal loads, including the degradation of these soils as a result of military actions.
- Theoretical and practical aspects of the study of the buffering capacity of soils, the regularities of the functioning of their buffering mechanisms in the sense of acquisition by soils of a stable ability to resist negative natural and anthropogenic influences.
- Scientific substantiation of the rational use and protection of peat soils and determination of their suitability for growing agricultural products.
- Development of the methodology and implementation of the evaluation of the ecological and reclamation state of the drained soils and establishing the feasibility of their further use for the targeted purpose.
- Scientific support and provision of practical recommendations for growing energy crops (energy willow and giant miscanthus).
The most important research results
- Resource-saving technologies of amelioration and management of the fertility of acidic soils.
- Methods of determining the buffering capacity of soils: acid-base, potassium, phosphate.
- Methods of potentiometric measurement of soil physical and chemical parameters, in situ, content of individual ions, pH and Eh.
- A system of criteria and methods for diagnosing and forecasting the agroecological state of hydromorphic and acidic soils.
- System of evaluation indicators of agro-ecological stability of acidic soils.
- Способи визначення доз вапнякових меліорантів, фосфоритних та калійних добрив.